Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Romancing the Stone

I saw Romancing the Stone on TV the other day and it was quite interesting to see how my perception and opinions have changed over time. I forced myself to watch it to get a look at the large Colombian Emerald that the movie revolves around. It was tough, but I did make it to the end. Wow, what a cheesy movie. I recall seeing it back in 1984 and I thought it was pretty cool. Maybe I was drawn in by the adventure parts where Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner found themselves in the jungle or the interesting fortress setting of Cartagena, but seeing it again after all this time, I think I must have been on some of the drugs they found in that crashed airplane in the beginning.

How great would it be though, to find a nice Colombian Emerald the size of ‘El Corazon’? Maybe I’ll ask around on my next trip to Colombia.






Embassy Emeralds - Your source for Premium Loose Emeralds from Colombia

No comments: